söndag 15 januari 2012

Afternoon tea

A typical afternoon tea is a typical British story that I have had a raw model since I was a teen. I remember my English teacher giving me some recipe for the British scones. They did not look anything like those you see in England, but I guess I made something wrong. I would love to know where I put that recipe really. I used to bake those scones very often back then!
But well, without that recipe we managed to put together an acceptable Afternoon tea this time, anyways.
Following the recipes will give an afternoon tea for about 4-6 people depending on how hungry your guests are.

The classical British scones were there.

7/1-2012
We tried to do clotted cream for them, but it turned to nothing we can publish on the internet without making everybody disgusted...

Sandwiches are necessary. This time we went for different kinds.
Chicken curry sandwich was good even if not very original.

Turkey, blue cheese and bacon sandwich was a good combination even if it could have been more simple without bacon.
Lemon and chives salmon sandwich is necessary here to balance with "healthy salmon".
Tuna and mango chutney sandwich was really quite original to my taste buds.
Chevre, raisins and pecan sandwich topped with prosciutto was also very good. Keep it vegetarian if you prefer by skipping the prosciutto, but being an Italian, it was hard to do so...

We also added some "picks" utilizing the strawberries we had left from New Year's Eve's dinner and some pickled mushrooms my parents imported from Italy this year too. This time the Sacla' originals.
7/1-2012
Not very British, but well... All major chefs add their own twist, so this is a good way to start my way to becoming one I guess... :)

Enjoy... I know we did!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar