måndag 20 juni 2011

Ptilotus Exaltatus 'Joey'

Latin: Ptilotus Exaltatus 'Joey'
Swedish: Kattamarant 'Joey'
English: Lamb's Tail 'Joey'

I purchased the seeds Spring 2011 from www.graines-baumaux.fr and I thought they looked cool. Little funny even. This is the way they are supposed to look when grown.
I am actually mostly fascinated by the flower. Here it is in a downloaded close-up.
I actually saw them at Blomstertorget. They are far from beautiful, but still rather cool. Let us hope they will grow.

It seems to be original from Australia (well, hope it does not create any imbalance over here just for revenge?!) . According to the supplier, the flower is supposed to be between 7cm and 12cm, but the ones I saw in the shop were rather 5cm than 12cm. The height of the plant should be around 40cm.
Can be grown in flower beds as well as vases.
Annual flower (actually it is a perennial, but not in Sweden).


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar