tisdag 21 juni 2011

Helianthus annuus (Purpureus-gr.)

Latin: Helianthus annuus (Purpureus-gr.)

Swedish: Purpursolros ' Moulin Rouge'
English: Sunflower 'Moulin Rouge'
Purchased in Spring 2011 on the internet from Impecta

I planted the seeds as described in the producer's instructions some time in April I guess. Nearly all seeds grew but I personally feel all stems became far from strong. I felt that they were very unstable and as of now, 2011-06-21, many of them are either broken, dried out or do look ugly in some other way. I personally think they should have been planted out in their final place far earlier. I would guess it has been the main issue here.
I will still try to plant them outside very soon, hoping to save at least some of them, but I do not keep my hopes to high....

Producer's description
A magical sunflower with deep purple red petals with an ebony center. The stem is strong, dark red and the plant branches out. The flowers are 8-10cm. It is very suitable in bouquets. Interesting background flower or solitaire. Here is a picture I downloaded from Impecta:

Producer's instructions
Pre-cultivate indoors in April or sow directly outdoors in May or June. Soak the seeds 24 hours before planting them. Make sure that the soil is fertilized. After they have grown, they should be put in a light and cool area. They should be planted directly when there is no risk for night temperatures under 0.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar