måndag 27 juni 2011

Milk bread

This recipe was just a "yeast hack", that is it was not based on a real recipe, but rather inspired by a kind of sweet bread you can purchase in Italy and that is very good with salty "charcuterie" such as salami, prosciutto or similar. The bread is called "panini al latte" and I used to love those when I was a little girl.
This bread was let to rest during the night, so it is a good breakfast bread.
The result is though not even near the original taste, but they were very "quick" to bake and very easy.
Here it is an example of how the "chemist" and exactness in baking is overrated.

Ingredients
3,5dl milk
25gr yeast
1,5 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
flour (add flour until the dough looks as a dough should, but allow for some stickiness)
(Sorry, forgot again to measure the flour, but trust yourself!!!! Have you baked with good results before, you'll be fine)

Instructions
I used my Kitchen Aid with the dough tool.
Mix the cold milk with the yeast. Add the flour a little at the time until the feeling is right (soft, doughy but a tiny little sticky).
Add salt and honey. Mix 5 minutes.
Put in an oiled plastic container with a lid and place in the fridge over night. If you do not have lids to the containers, use plastic foil. The size will have to allow the dough to grow. Expect it to triplicate itself.

In the morning, make buns out of the dough. My dough was enough for about 12 buns.
You can make the buns in different flavors.
Some alternatives
Pumpkin seeds
I brushed the buns with a yolk as I had three such in the fridge and I thought it could be a good use of them. You can sure use other possible alternatives such as butter, milk or similar if you do not feel like opening an egg for some few buns. Then I put a whole deal of seeds on the buns.

Sweetened
I put 1 spoon icing sugar in the yolk and mixed it. It was a little hard to get the sugar to mix with the egg yolks without making a meringue, but such details do not stop me. The purpose here was to get the yolk to get a sweet taste, not to make it look good.... Let us focus on the important things here... :O) Then I brushed it on the buns.

Let the buns rest for about 20-30 minutes and then bake them in the oven at 200degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar