fredag 9 december 2011

Tiramisu'

Background
The first time I got to taste Tiramisu' was when my dear "cousin" Cristina made it when I was a teen. That was definitively the best dessert on earth. She had a simple recipe for it and I wish I had it written down somewhere. As long as I kept re-making Tiramisu' all the time, I had it in mind, but now it is definitively not there anylonger. I remember some few numbers and ingredients. That is it. Something like 4 table spoons of sugar, 2 or 4 eggs, 250gr or less than a whole container anyways of mascarpone. But I have not been able to reproduce it since a long time.
Now I actually found a modified recipe that sounds pretty much like it if you remove the "strange parts of it".

11/12-2011
Ingredients
2 eggs
4 tablespoons sugar
250gr mascarpone
espresso coffee
savoiardi cookies
11/12-2011

Instructions
Whip egg yolks with sugar until white and fluffy. Add mascarpone. Whip egg whites until stiff. Put whipped egg whites in the egg and mascarpone cream.
Dip savoiardi cookies in espresso coffee. I like it a lot when the cookies become very soaked I am no friend of savoiardi without coffee. Then I drip it. But normal people like savoiardi and try to avoid that trouble. Some think indeed it is not so good if you soak the cookies. But I do not care really... I love it that way no matter what! If they don't like it, more for me! :O)
Above I have made tiramisu' in portion forms, but if you are a real italian, you will probably stick it into a rectangular form.
Sprinkle with cocoa when they are ready to serve.
Not sure what happened this time but the coffee was incredibly bitter. Strange! Normally, it should not be.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar