tisdag 20 december 2011

Christmas atmosphere....

I love Christmas! Ideally, I could have Christmas 6 months a year and I still wouldn't be bored by it. I always wish to have a lot of Christmas decorations already from the beginning of the month... But I may indeed start putting it up only when the house is clean. So now house clean, and I was allowed to do a wreath to put on my door! Actually with some delay as the cleaning took so long time, there was no time to go buy stuff for my planned wreath.
But last Saturday I made it! And up it was...
18/12-2011

It was the most difficult project this Christmas: first thing the frame.
I thought it was just to buy some metal thread and bend it suitably. Well, it turned out the metal thread I purchased was so hard, it was very hard to bend. So after I actually made the outer frame, I had no power in me left to do any more adjusting. It was formed as a heart. I connected two thick bent threads, with some piece of thread that was much thinner. In its whole it looked ok. Only issue, sometimes it simply folds.... In two... Gah... Strange. Anyways, now it seems it has not folded since I hanged up the wreath... Let us hope for the future....
Next step would be to make some kind of net to hang the moss on it. Basically impossible task without a welder. So I got something that looked like a chaos of very thin green metal thread and had to be satisfied with it.
Next step was to actually cover the chaos with moss. Started with white moss. Weee... what a trip. Janne had to help... things were sticking out everywhere. Could not keep where it was supposed to. And the wreath was not fully covered. And of course, the moss I purchased was not enough. Crap really!
So I was anyways planning to also use some Spanish moss....
18/12-2011
Not much easier to hold it on place, but there no way it could be harder than the white moss. Very very tricky... What an idea... And it could "bend in two" anytime... Ng...
So now the final finish: mountain ash berries... not a walk in the park either... but still not as hard as either white moss or Spanish moss... Going upwards...
Actually, I had made some hearts with clay for this thing. But in all that cleaning, they are now gone... not sure where really! Crap!
When I was in NY last month though, thinking of my future wreath, I did purchase some bow material... So there it is... :O)
Believe it or not... as long as this thing stays open, does not fly away, bend in two or whatever, I am very satisfied... now when I come home, there is no doubt. It is Christmas, the Christmas atmosphere is here!!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar