lördag 1 februari 2014

Carrot and nut muffins

One day I was sitting on my ass and thinking about my new healthy life, my stomach only filled with broccoli soup and somebody writes something about carrot cake. Carrot cake must be healthy. Good for my eyes. Nuts are healthy, too. Good for my skeleton. So, just to start my healthy life with full power, I decided to go ahead and try a new recipe. So what is the result?! The batter is indeed amazing. The baked muffins are not so amazingly good or anything. To be honest, I wish I simply would have licked off the whole batter raw instead. But well.... At the beginning, I was thinking I would make cupcakes out of this baking production. But how much I tried to imagine this, I cannot see how they would fit together with cream cheese frosting! So... well... no frosting on these guys...

Ingredients

125gr butter
1,5dl sugar
3 eggs


100gr nuts (walnuts, pecan nuts, hazelnuts, etc - can be mixed)
300gr finely grated carrots
4dl flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1,5 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1dl milk
Optional filling: pears (apple would do, too)

Instructions

Turn on the oven at 175 degrees Celsius with ventilation.
Make sure that butter and eggs are kept at room temperature for a while (not that I did that, but it seems the result could have been slightly better if I had done it).
Make sure that the nuts are just reduced to a fine crumble and the carrots are finely grated.
Mix butter with sugar. Add one egg at the time. Mix until fluffy.
Mix in the walnuts and the carrots. Add 2dl flour and mix little. Add 1dl milk and mix little. Add the rest of the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar.
If you want, fill with a piece of pear (or apple).
Put in muffin forms and bake for about 25 minutes.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar