torsdag 21 juli 2011

Ligustrum vulg. 'Atrovirens'

Latin: Ligustrum vulg. 'Atrovirens'
Swedish: Vintergrön liguster
English: Evergreen privet
Purchased after moving in (no dates available)

My idea was to have formed plants. In my imagination, I would cut these plants as mushrooms or balls. I wanted 3 mushrooms in different sizes. As I personally feel buxus stinks (litterally!), I decided evergreen privet would be the solution: evergreen and formable.
I wanted them in my Zen area. With stones. Calm.
I read somewhere that you can form balls easier and quicker by purchasing 3 plants and put them very next to each other and cut them into one ball.
We purchased the cheapest evergreen privets in a pack of ten. One more than needed as I wanted 3 mushrooms.
We planted them all anyways. Here you can see two of the future mashrooms...


To clarify reality: they might be called evergreen, but they do loose all their leaves during winter and the branches froze down all winters since we planted them. In Spring, it takes a while for them to come back to life. At least one of them has died completely. So the picture above represents pretty much the way they look in Spring.
30/12-2009
And if you need any proof that they are not winter green, here you are....
Their size is therefore pretty limited as they freeze back each winter.

Anyways, this is how they look now.

We have managed to put stones around two of them. The other one is on the "flower bed side". Note to myself: the area surrounding these shrubs is no good soil. It was the one that has always been there the last years without any improvement at all. Maybe not a good idea to plant stuff around there. Anyways one more thought might be to refine the distribution of stones around it as the black tissue below is very much visible as of now!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar