tisdag 9 augusti 2011

Tulip Maureen


This is a very beautiful tulip: long stemmed, with a clean white colour.
21/5-2011
It is though as any tulip very tasty for bunnies and bambies so it can be a good idea to protect them with some stinky substance that keeps those guys away.
These were presents from Janne, but I guess he purchased those at Schiphol Airport. I got them twice (actually three times, but I happened not to plant them correctly the last time - or actually not at all as it snowed before I made it). The first time I put them in the grass. That is not a really good idea as you are not supposed to cut them away until the leaves have become yellow and that impedes grass mowing for a far too long time. Plus if you have a robot mower, it will cut them when they are in bloom  :O(((( The other bunch was put in a specific bed, which was much smarter indeed. We'll have though to refurbish the bed as it has become rather "crappy".

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar