torsdag 11 augusti 2011

Lemon Pie


A little background

Not sure why, but I got really into eating lemon pie. Nothing that usually happens to me. It was mom's exam party and we needed a dessert anyways. Found a recipe on Tasteline. Following it gave a rather weird result: the crust mixture became too dry and crumby and it was far too much for one pie. Actually, I managed to do two pies with it and still have too much in each and have mixture left to do cookies with. So this is the modified recipe I will follow next time I bake this pie. This version serves 6 people well after a well-fed dinner. There won't be anything left though... :O)
6/8-2011

Crust
50gr sugar
1 good teaspoon vanilla sugar
120gr flour
100gr butter
1 egg yolk
1 good teaspoon lemon zest

Filling
For those that desire a lot of filling look at the numbers in parenthesis instead...

2 tablespoons lemon juice (3 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 good one)
80gr sugar (120gr)
40gr flour (60gr)
2 eggs (3 eggs)

Instructions
Mix sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and flour in a bowl. Add butter and yolks and mix. I used my KitchenAid with the blender tool.
Butter a pie mold and distribute the mixture in it evenly. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
If you desire to have a perfect cake, you might want to use e.g. cheek peas to bake the crust: put aluminium foil on the crust, put 300gr cheek peas in it and bake for 10 minutes at 200degrees. I skipped that part as such fuzz bores me, but I am pretty sure you get neater results if you do.
Whip eggs for the filling with sugar until fluffy. Add flour, zest and juice and whip some more.
Put the filling in the pre-baked crust and bake for some 15 more minutes at the lowest level in the oven to avoid the pie to burn.
According to the original recipe the pie should rest over night in the refrigerator. I did not really saw this until I had already eaten the pie, and I can tell that the not that cold version was very good anyways.

I served it with blueberries and raspberries at the top and sprinkled some confectioner's sugar at the top.
6/8-2011
Tasted great to be a lemon pie really!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar