onsdag 25 december 2013

Tiramisu'

This is the weirdest of things. You can look up tiramisu' recipes around the world and not manage to find the best recipe around. The best recipe is my cousin Cristina's. She was the one that made tiramisu' for me for the first time. I was over ten then already. How have I even made it to survive the world for so many years without tiramisu, that is really unclear to me. Anyway back to the track: all recipes are different. Still none reminds of Cristina's. And, unfortunately, she does not do "Facebook" so it is basically impossible to get her original recipe. Remember she lives somewhere out in the bushes, too. Anyway. I made tiramisu today. Following some modified recipe of one of the many Internet recipes. And it came to me. I think my favourite recipe went like you find in the following.  I will make sure to use it next time. In the meantime, you are on your own. You might be lucky and have the chance to eat the most amazing tiramisu' or you will get stuck with a crappy one due to a lapse of my memory.

Tiramisù for Christmas - 2013-12-25

Ingredients

250gr mascarpone cheese
2 eggs
4 tablespoons sugar

Savoiardi cookies
Strong coffee

Cocoa

Instructions

Whip egg yolks with the sugar until very fluffy. Add some mascarpone at the time. Mix together. Whip the egg whites. Add some egg whites in the mascarpone fluff. Add then the mascarpone fluff in the whipped egg whites lightly until blended.

Put the cream in a rectangular container. I have used glasses sometimes for individual portions. 
Dip cookies in coffee. Layer it with the cream. I prefer the cookies to be well soaked and also to have a cream to cookie ratio above average. 

When done, use a little sieve and cover with a thin layer of cocoa.

Cocoa powder on the top - 2013-12-25

Ready and out.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar